Cruise ships may not be enticing to younger individuals as they are often associated with retirement vacations but here are 8 reasons that will cast your prejudices aside and rethink the value and benefits of cruises.
1. It never gets boring. Cruise ships are manufactured to accommodate dozens of facilities from the pools, gyms, climbing walls, putting greens, basketball courts, ice rinks, dance classes, fitness classes and table tennis. There are even other types of facilities for different cruise ships. Aside from the personal activities, you can also enjoy nightly shows like string quartets, cinemas and a cappella performances. For relaxation, there are spas and hair salons. There are also wine tastings, vodka tastings, karaoke competitions, casinos and nightclubs.
2. Speaking of floating, there is also this thrilling sensation of falling asleep while being transported to the other side of the world. One day you are waking up in a beach in Bahamas, while the next morning you might be enjoying a morning of the splendours scenery of Rome. Having to visit so many places in a short period of time is such a great experience.
3. Cruises are child-friendly. Aside from the adult activities (wine tasting, casinos, etc.), there are specific activities created especially for children. The security is also reliable so you wouldn’t have to worry about your child getting lost. The vast structure of the ship will also be an adventure to kids but eventually, they will be able to navigate their way around. This is also a good opportunity for them to make new friends along the way.
4. Speaking of kids, cruise ships also have very strict policies when it comes to alcohol drinking. Therefore, if you have teens, you can be assured that they will not be offered any alcoholic beverages during the trip. Teens aged 20 and below are not allowed to have drinks, unless there is a waiver signed by the parent.
5. Since cruise ships travel to more than one destination, this is also a good opportunity for parents to introduce different cultures to their children.
6. You will also have the opportunity to meet people all over the world. You will not be obliged to talk to other people but it is still interesting to interact with people who have a different culture than yours. There is an average of 3,000 people on a cruise ranging from solo travellers to couples and families. You can meet different types of personalities from all over the globe.
7. Food is also one of the top things to consider if you plan to cruise the world. Most cruise ship offer fine dining options. There are also options for poolside BBQs so you can still enjoy burger-grilling moments with the family while getting a dip in the pool.
8. Lastly, you get value for your money as you will have all the facilities to enjoy, a preview of the different cities in the world, while being harboured in a safe environment.
Before you go on a cruise, make sure you get a cruise travel insurance. When you have a cruise travel insurance, your holiday experience will be a breeze because you won’t have to worry about menial matters and you can just focus on enjoying and exploring the world.