Travel Insurance with Pre-Existing Conditions
Travel Insurance becomes more difficult to arrange as we get older or if we develop serious health problems, but Globelink have always tried to provide cover wherever possible. We have now teamed up with a leading insurer who has agreed to screen for clients who do not fit even our generous acceptance levels.
If you struggle to find appropriate travel insurance with pre-existing conditions due to your health or age, there’s no need to look any further. This policy is specifically designed for travellers with pre-existing medical conditions. This cover applies not only to permanent UK residents, but UK expatriates who reside in all 29 EU countries. Packed full of comprehensive benefits and with a choice of cover levels and optional extras, our travel insurance will meet the needs of every traveller. You can choose from two types of cover – Annual Multi-Trip or Single Trip. There is no age limit for Single Trip policies but travellers must be under the age of 75 for Annual Multi-Trip. Under 65’s can also get Winter Sports cover.
The maximum Single Trip durations are:
- Up to 60 days if you are over 75
- Between 61-120 days if you are 75 or under.
- The maximum Annual Multi-Trip durations for any single trip are:
- Up to 45 days if you are over 75
- Up to 45 days but can be increased to 60 days for an additional premium and if you are under 68 years of age.
There are two levels of cover under this policy – Gold and Platinum. It is up to you to decided how much cover you need for cancellation or curtailment, whether you need increased benefits for personal possessions or money or if you want cover for delayed departure.
- Payment in £ or €
- If you choose to pay in €, the sums insured will be in € too
- Online or telephone Medical Screening
- £/€2000 or £/€5000 cancellation
- £/€10,000,000 medical expenses
- Excess waiver available
- Winter Sports available
- Natural catastrophe cover (ash clouds, flooding etc) available
- Wedding/civil ceremony cover available
- Golf cover available
With our Fit-4-Travel insurance, you can choose from 6 areas to travel to:
- Area 1 – England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Area 2 – Europe (restricted) including Eire (Republic of Ireland), the Channel Islands, Russia (west of the Ural Mountains), islands in the Mediterranean, the Azores, Madeira and Iceland excluding Spain, the Canary Islands, Turkey, Cyprus, Malta and Switzerland.
- Area 3 – Europe as per Area 2 including Spain, the Canary Islands, Turkey, Cyprus, Malta and Switzerland.
- Area 4 – Australia and New Zealand.
- Area 5 – Worldwide excluding USA and Canada and the Caribbean.
- Area 6 – Worldwide.