We provide a 14 day cooling-off period in which you are entitled to a refund of your premium if you have a genuine reason for dissatisfaction with the policy provided the commencement date has not passed and that you have not travelled. You should return the documents to us together with your reason for cancellation. Your disinclination to travel or refusal of a visa application is not a reason for cancellation. We reserve the right to make a charge to cover any administrative costs. There is no refund for cancellation after this period has expired, or for early return.
Valuables are covered under the personal property section. Depending on the level of cover you have purchased, there is a limit to the amount that you can claim. Limits are for your valuables in total and also for single items. If you require a higher limit for personal property or valuables, we can arrange additional cover. However, you should check on your Home Insurance to see if it will cover your personal belongings whilst out of the country.
Our annual policies can cover for trips of 17, 31, 45, 60, 90 or 120 days duration on any single trip. Policies with trip durations of 45 days or more, will also allow 17 days winter Sports activities free of charge.
If your flight is delayed on the homeward journey and you do not get back into the country until after your policy has expired your cover will continue until you reach home.
This cover is only applicable if the winter sports premium has been paid.
1. Your ski equipment is insured up to the cover levels as shown on your policy for loss, damage or if stolen in transit. Please note that having your skis stolen from outside a restaurant will not be covered. This is known as ‘unattended’ equipment and would not be covered unless specified in the policy terms and conditions.
2. If you skis are damaged you will be may claim up to the amounts described in the policy. Please note the single item limit, a pair of skis is one item and this also applies to a snowboard and bindings.
3. If your own ski equipment is lost or damaged you will be covered to hire ski equipment up to the value shown in the schedule of cover.
4. Your ski pack will be insured up to the limits of the policy schedule for the proportionate value of any ski pass, ski hire or tuition fee necessarily unused due to your accident or sickness or the loss or theft of your ski pass.,
5. Piste closure is only available between 1st January and 31st March, if there is a lack of snow in your resort.
6. In the event that, due to lack of snow fall or adverse weather in the pre-booked winter sportsresort between the months of January, February, March and no alternative being available, youare not allowed to ski for a period in excess of 12 hours, the Insurer will pay the benefit as shown in the Schedule of Cover for each full 24 hour period in which you are unable to ski, up to the maximum as shown in the Schedule of Cover.
Please visit http://www.travelprotecta.com/new/make-a-claim/
When contacting the claims handler, please have the following information to hand.
Condition: Failure to have the above information at hand, may result in your claim being delayed.
Our policy states that you must have returned from your holiday at 24 weeks of your pregnancy. There are other points to consider though, for example if you are under the GP for monitoring purposes. If you are unsure, please call the medical screening line for confirmation.
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
If you cannot agree to the following points, for you or anyone travelling with you, cover for these conditions will be excluded under Sections A, B & C unless you receive approval of cover for such medical condition from International Medical Screening. An additional premium may be required if you require cover for certain conditions
a) Nobody is waiting for an operation, hospital consultation or any other hospital treatment or investigations including the results of a routine test.
(b) Nobody has been seen by a specialist or been admitted to a hospital overnight in the last twelve months.
(c) Nobody has any breathing or heart problem (including angina) or high blood pressure which has needed treatment (including regular medication) in the last two years.
(d) Nobody has received treatment, including regular medication, in the last 12 months for any of the following:
(e) Nobody has been diagnosed by a registered doctor as having a terminal condition
(f) Nobody has been diagnosed as being pregnant with an expected delivery date within 16 weeks of the trip return date
(g) I do not know of any reason why the trip is likely to be cancelled or cut short or of any facts that may cause a claim on this insurance
What will happen when you call International Medical Screening? Our trained operators will ask you a few simple questions about your intended holiday and the medical condiition. You will be advised as to whether your Pre-existing Medical Condition can be covered, whether there will be an additional premium to pay or any changes to the policy terms and conditions.
This quotation is valid for 14 days from the date given. If cover can be provided, you will be given an acceptance code and a letter will be sent to you upon receipt of payment, detailing the extension of cover. Please read this letter carefully and keep it with your insurance documents as it confirms the terms of the cover. Please note that cover is not effective until you are in receipt of this letter.
For advice & assistance or if you are in any doubt, please contact:
International Medical Screening by telephone on +44 (0) 207 100 1736 Quote Reference: HY482